From: #flymeto | Mar 01, 2019
Whether due to terrain, difficulty, the number of trophies won or just because of the divine outlook. These American courses have forever won the heart of PGA Tour’s greatest legends. What to expect when you decide to play on a holiday and which professional golfers look discreetly?
Pebble Beach (California)
- Favorite of Arnold Palmer, Tom Watson and Jack Nicklause *
The Pebble Beach course teaches players humility. It would seem that many holes are made for a more aggressive game, but the opposite is true. They can torment you. However, you will be rewarded with a playground with the most beautiful view of the coast and ocean.
***Designer: ** Jack Neville and Douglas Grant * Number of holes: 18
- Turnaj: AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
- Course rating: 74.7
- Slope rating: 144 * ** Access: ** Public
- Prices for guests: www.pebblebeach.com
Augusta National (Georgie)
- Phil Mickelson, Rory McIlroy and Sam Snead’s favorite *
The Augusta National Golf Course has become more complicated over the years and perhaps unbeatable for the average player. If you’re looking for a challenge, you’re in the right place.
***Designer: ** Bobby Jones, Alister MacKenzie, Robert Trent Jones, Sr., Perry Maxwell * Number of holes: 18
- Turnaj: The St Andrews Golf Week
- Course rating: 76.2
- Slope rating: 148 * ** Access: ** Private
- Information on request: www.masters.com
Torrey Pines (California)
- Tiger Woods favorite *
The Torrey Pines are not very popular among professional PGA Tour players. The only exception is Tiger Woods, who has a dedicated place in his heart for years. Could it be his 8 victories on this pitch? The course is in any case public and sought after by happy golfers.
***Designer: ** William F. Bell * Number of holes: 18
- Turnaj: PGA Tour’s The Farmers Insurance Open
- Course rating: 78.1
- Slope rating: 143 * ** Access: ** Public
- Prices for guests: www.sandiego.gov
East Lake Golf Club (Atlanta)
Brandt Snedeker’s Favorit.
Although Brandt Snedeker has won on other pitches such as Pebble Beach, Torrey Pines and Harbor Town, winning the FedEx Cup in Atlanta was the greatest achievement of his career to date. Therefore, his voice belongs to this quiet and relatively wooded playground.
***Designers: ** Tom Bendelow, Donald Ross and Robert Trent Jones * Number of holes: 18
- Turnaje: The Tour Championchip a East Lake Cup
- Course rating: 76
- Slope rating: 142 * ** Access: ** Private
- Guest Rules: www.eastlakegolfclub.com